- Wednesday 1 February 2023
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Online event
- Lectures and seminars
- General public
Join a research seminar that aims to bring together interdisciplinary perspectives on the links between mental health and communication policy.
In this research seminar, The Leeds Interdisciplinary Mental Health Research Network is hosting a series of presentations, debates and discussions to support the creation of new partnerships and collaborative funding applications.
Topics of discussion
- How is national communication law and policy addressing the topic of mental health?
- Should internet platforms be required to take greater responsibility for mental health concerns of users?
- How is mental health represented in media and what are the effects?
- Can communication itself intervene in mental health / mental health care?
- What policies are developing around intercultural communication, competency and sensitivity?
- What behaviours or trends are being observed in uses of technology, and what are the policy implications?
- Ideas for sustaining a network of related research in the UK.
- Spurring new partnerships and collaborative funding applications.
Register your interest
For more information about the event, please contact Dr Kristofer Erickson at K.Erickson@leeds.ac.uk
Find out more about the Leeds Interdisciplinary Mental Health Research Network.