Linking to Collaborate Ultra Rooms
This guide will show you how to add a link to your Collaborate Ultra Room so that students can access them. Make sure you have read the Collaborate Ultra Rooms and Collaborate Ultra Options guides first.
- Navigate to a content area where you'd like to link to the Collaborate Ultra Room.
- From the content area select Tools, then More Tools.
- Select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. By default the link name is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- When you add Blackboard Collaborate to your course content, it links to the tool, not a specific session. Help your students find the session you want them to join. Tell them the session name in the link name or content editor.
- Select Submit.
Only share a guest link to a session where necessary. Enrolled students do not need to use a guest link. Do not publish the guest link publicly
External users can be given access by a URL. This is not turned on for any course room or session by default, so you must change the setting to allow guest users to join.
- In your module go to the Control Panel (under the module menu), select Module Tools and then select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Find the relevant Collaborate room or session.
- Select the circle icon at the end of the room/session, and edit settings.
- Tick the guest access option
- Keep the role set to Participant. Once you've clicked save, the guest link will generate.
- Copy the link by clicking the square icon, or from the session menu:
- Distribute the link to guests securely.
Note: Once you add a link to Collaborate in the module/organisation all students will have access to any of the available sessions and recordings. It isn’t possible to restrict access to groups or individuals.