One of the four ‘grand challenges’ we are focusing our research on is ‘treatments that preserve function and restore quality of life’.
Restoring normal function and quality of life
Treatments that treat disease whilst restoring normal function and enhancing quality of life.
- Medical and surgical treatment of degenerative disease
- Stem cell therapies and regenerative medical technologies
- 3D printing and design for additive manufacturing
- Patient-specific prostheses
Preserving normal function
Treatments that specifically target disease with minimal collateral tissue injury, reduce the unwanted consequences of treatment, and preserve normal function.
- Nanomedicines for enhanced imaging and targeted drug delivery
- Image-guided and ablative treatments
- Novel delivery devices