The Centre’s mission is to propel healthtech innovations to clinical adoption for maximum impact.
Our vision is to create a connected, innovation-driven and challenge-led HealthTech research and innovation ecosystem, driving global transformations in value-based healthcare.
Our work will be based on four values:
- to be responsive to socio-economic and healthcare needs
- to drive improvements to healthcare that are sustainable and affordable
- to accelerate the adoption of new technologies for maximum patient benefit
- to create a connected and inclusive community to tackle global healthcare challenges
Strengths and capabilities
As a partnership between the University of Leeds and Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, the Centre spans the full innovation journey, from early-stage discovery science through to clinical evaluation.
Our particular strengths include:
- Medical device development: pre-clinical simulation, tissue decellularisation and regeneration, robotics and surgical technologies, smart materials, additive manufacturing, and nanotechnology
- Diagnostics and imaging: in-vitro diagnostics, diagnostic imaging, advanced imaging systems, image analysis and AI
- Clinical translation: de-risking innovations and bringing health technologies to market
- Clinical evaluation: methodological expertise to evaluate innovations from proof of concept through to post market evaluation