1. Purpose of this statementThis statement tells you how the University will collect and process your personal data when you access this website for the purpose of requesting an undergraduate or postgraduate publication.
2. Automated collection of personal informationAs with most other web servers, when you access these web pages, certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much of the server is used by different categories of users, and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
3. Non-automated collectionWhere you are required under this website to provide personal data - in this instance, name, postal address, email address, gender and date of birth details - this information will be added to a database for the following purposes: University and department open day dates, booking a place on and registering for open day events, course information, changes to our website and other information that we feel would be of interest to you. All information is for reference and internal marketing purposes and is not shared with third parties.
4. Removal from databaseIf you do not want to receive information from the University of Leeds via email or text message then please contact the Admissions Enquiries office by emailing email@example.com including your name and contact details and we shall stop sending you information.
5. Third-party accessThe personal data that you have provided will not be sent to other third parties and will remain confidential, accessible only by those who have a legitimate need to know within the University.
6. Changes to this statement
This statement and, therefore, the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact the Communications team who are responsible for the pages to which it relates. If you feel dissatisfied with the response given then please contact the University's webmaster.