These pages contain data tables for the Transparency returns.
The information published on these pages shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
Rounding and suppression
The data contained in tables 1a, 1b, 2a and 2b have been rounded and suppressed as follows:
- Numerators and denominators have been rounded to the nearest 10. Where the numerator or denominator rounds to 20 or less, the data will be suppressed with an "N".
- Percentages will be rounded according to the smallest, unsuppressed denominator with a given mode and characteristic. If the denominator rounds to:
- 50 or less: percentages are rounded to 5%
- 1000 or less: percentages are rounded to 1%
- More than 1000: percentages are rounded to 0.1%
- "N/A" is displayed where there is no provision in a given mode or level
- "DP" indicates suppression for data protection reasons. This is applied where the numerator is two or less, or differs from the denominator by no more than two students.
Download the data returns
- Download the full transparency data return for 2022 (Excel format)
- Download the full transparency data return for 2021 (Excel format)
- Download the full transparency data return for 2019 (Excel format)
Accessible versions of the information are presented on the webpages that follow this page.
Transparency data for 2020 and COVID-19
In 2020, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the OfS suspended a number of their regulatory requirements and did not issue the University with data to publish. If you would like to know more about the 2020 data, please email S.R.Sandison@leeds.ac.uk.
For 2021, transparency data has been shared but in an abridged format. It contains information only on attainment by characteristic and not on applications, offers, acceptances, and registrations.