Volunteering is a great way to give something back to the local community, enhance your CV and broaden your life skills and experience, as well as meet new people and have fun.
There are lots of volunteering opportunities you could get involved in:
- support young people in local primary and secondary schools as a mentor or tutor through our Students into Schools scheme
- befriend an older person in the local community to help reduce isolation and loneliness
- become a sustainability volunteer
- coach others in your sport
- help young refugees and asylum seekers improve their English
- get involved in a Leeds University Union volunteering society
Volunteer in the local community or get involved in one our international volunteering projects, such as helping to run a summer school for children in rural Cambodia, which will add another dimension to your University experience.
Find out about volunteering opportunities at Leeds University Union.
Leeds for Life Foundation funding is also available if you want to start your own project.