“The glass used in our sensors is hardwearing, acting in a similar way as that used in smartphones. Because of this, our device is more affordable, with lower running costs than the existing self-monitoring systems.”
Our commercialisation team identifies, protects and manages the University of Leeds' Intellectual Property (IP) alongside academic expertise.
From virtually waterless washing machines, to non-invasive glucose sensing, the University has a great track record in creating innovative spin out companies, such as Tracsis PLC, which develops software for the transportation industry. These companies are set up to commercialise some of the impactful research coming out of Leeds.
Our team can also provide businesses with access to innovative ideas and technology or even work with businesses and other external organisations to actively take technologies to market.
Facts and figures
The University has a strong track record in commercialisation:
- we have created over 100 spin-out companies since 1995 the second highest number of any UK university including 34 which are currently active
- we have 200 active commercialisation projects
- the University has 453 patents in our portfolio and 70% of patents coming out of the city region's universities came from the University of Leeds
- we have six market listed companies with a market cap of over £550m and employing over 800 people
- Leeds current company portfolio includes regional flagship companies Tissue Regenix PLC, Tracsis PLC, Xeros PLC, Avacta PLC, and Getech PLC
Who we work with
We also have access to a range of entrepreneurs and venture firms to help us achieve this. We have a long standing partnership with IP Group PLC.We currently have a diverse portfolio of commercial opportunities which are of interest to businesses with specific technology needs.
Read more about some of the Universitys spin out companies:
To find out more get in touch on +44 (0)113 343 0903 or email email@example.com