The On Your Marks networking series aims to bring business and higher education together at the University of Leeds through a series of free networking and development events. Along with talks from key figures from industry and academia, On Your Marks offers a forum for networking and further discussion of topical themes, from big data to food science, international business to employability.
Our next event:
Digital disruption and the need to evolve
Thursday 27 April 2017, Leeds
5.30pm to 7.30pm
Join our panel of experts from the Business School, Leeds Digital Festival and Marks & Spencer as they discuss how new digital technologies and business models affect the value proposition of existing goods and services, and how companies can effectively navigate the increasingly digitised marketplace.
Watch lectures from the series:
- Keeping the customer at the heart of your business - Stewart Ross Director of Commercial and Campus Support Services, University of Leeds, Peter Line Head of Store Operations, Outlet and M&S Bank, Marks & Spencer, Catherine Lorigan Director of Student Operations, University of Leeds. Download a PDF of the lecture presentation
- Sweetening the pill: The role of retailers and researchers in nutrition and health - Janet Cade, Professor of Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Leeds and Andy Adcock, Director of Food at M&S
- Shrink to fit: using less, generating our own and buying smart - Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Professor in Behavioural Decision Making, Leeds University Business School and Dr Maria Spyrou, Energy Efficiency Programme Manager at M&S
- Top Talent: investing in people and the bottom line - Catherine Cassell, Deputy Dean, Leeds University Business School and Richard Smelt, HR Director McCain Foods (GB) Ltd
- Innovation: whose job is it, why does it matter and how can we encourage it? - Dr Ceri Williams, Director of Innovation and Enterprise Partnerships, The University of Leeds and Simon Colbeck, Head of Innovation and Quality Marks & Spencer. Download a PDF of the lecture presentation
- Listen to the Brand: Why does brand matter and once built, how do you protect and grow yours? - Heather MacRae, Head of the Brand & Retail team at M&S
- From Leeds to Limassol: Innovations in international business models - Gobind Bansal, Country Manager (Baltics) at M&S
- The Evolution of Generation Y - Jane Daly, Global Head of Learning & Development at M&S
- Why big data is a big deal - Michael Whitelegge, Senior Insight Manager at M&S
- Selling sustainability: Why less bad is no longer good enough - Mike Barry, Director of Plan A at M&S
- Trading places: the changing face of retail - Nayna McIntosh, Director of Store Environment & Product Presentation at M&S
- What Plan A are you on? Building a future that wont cost the earth - Richard Gillies, former Director of Plan A at M&S
- Doing the right thing: how important is trust in business? - Amanda Mellor, Marks & Spencer Company Secretary
Feeding the future: how you can make a difference is part of the Working on Waste campaign run by the Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD) and WRAP, to raise awareness of the impact of food waste and how to reduce food waste.
Presentations are given