“We helped Goldenfry - a British food manufacturer - to improve their production processes and reduce their products’ salt and fat content. ”
Bring new expertise into your organisation through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP). Through the scheme, a recent graduate or postgraduate will work in your business as part of a one-year to three-year project to tackle a strategically important issue.
Benefits of KTPs to your business
- Invite our specialist researchers to develop solutions to your business challenges.
- Collaborate with us to implement solutions in a cost-effective way.
- Innovate within your business, increasing competitiveness and profitability.
- Develop a potential future employee.
Some business challenges can only be met by making use of the latest research expertise. KTPs give you access to brand new knowledge and bring new capabilities into your business.
You'll have access to our academic knowledge and facilities. The KTP will provide you with a full-time Associate who will implement that knowledge enabling your business to develop and grow.
Our researchers lead new developments across a wide range of disciplines. This depth and breadth of knowledge makes us an ideal partner.
We have a strong track record developing KTPs. We have:
- worked on over 100 KTPs
- helped secure over £14 million in funding for KTP projects
- worked successfully with both large companies and small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), including: Austin Hayes, Asda, Goldenfry and Sandvik Coromant
What support will you receive?
If you take part in a KTP with us you will receive all the help and support you need to get the most from the partnership. Our team will help you to:
- Discuss your strategic needs, determine project scope and assess whether your proposed project is likely to be funded by the KTP scheme.
- Help write the grant application to maximise the chances of success in both funding and delivery of your objectives.
- Recruit a suitable graduate or postgraduate associate who will be employed by the University of Leeds, but spend most of their time working at your premises.
- Deal with all the administration required by the KTP scheme.
- Look at ways of funding further work at the end of your KTP project.
For more information, please email us on email@example.com
For anything else, please email our Nexus team on firstname.lastname@example.org. The Nexus team will take time to understand your requirements and talk to you about your options.