Applications for Leeds International Summer School 2022 will open later this year.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive the latest LISS news by email.
To be eligible to apply for our summer school you must be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate. You must be in good academic standing at your home university, with a minimum grade average of 56 (UK system), GPA of 2.8 (US system), GPA of 5.0 (Australian system) or equivalent. You must also meet our English language requirements.
If the country you study in isn't on the Student visa exceptions list, you'll need to submit evidence that you meet our language requirements. If you're being taught in English at your home university, you don't need to provide a language certificate. Instead, we'll ask you to provide evidence that you are taught in English. This could be a link to your home university's website or a letter from your home university confirming the language of teaching for your degree programme.
Minimum language requirements:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT): 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19)
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC): listening: 400, reading: 385, speaking: 160, writing: 150 (all four components are required)
- Password Skills 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
If you need to evidence the English language entry requirement but have not taken IELTS or TOEFL, you can refer to the accepted English Language qualifications for your country or region on the Admissions qualifications page.
Please note we don't accept College English Tests CET-4 or CET-6.
If you need a visa to enter the UK, you’ll need to apply for a Visitor Visa to attend the summer school.
However, please note that you should always check the immigration requirements for your country and your passport before departing for the UK. Read our visa guidance for more details.
English language courses
If you don’t meet the above English language requirement for the International Summer School, you may be eligible to study the undergraduate pre-sessional English course taught by the Language Centre.
This course will help to:
- prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully study with us
- improve your academic English language skills
If you apply for the pre-sessional course, please tell us on your International Summer School application.