In collaboration with academic, governmental, industrial and third sector partners, our researchers undertake a significant amount of genuinely world changing research at the University.
Over 120 unique Leeds case studies were submitted demonstrating how our research is, among others things, achieving global impact, driving down inequalities and addressing social and economic challenges.
Here we showcase a few examples of our solution-orientated research.
These selected case studies represent a brief overview of the breadth and depth of research impact across our faculties that was submitted to REF 2021.
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- From cradle to grave: Challenging stereotypes about family life
- The sound of music: improving experiences for hearing aid users
Faculty of Biological Sciences
Faculty of Business
- Helping Ericsson AB to create new businesses: enabling corporate innovation
- Mind the gap: regional disparities in business funding
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Improving urban sanitation around the world
- Kick the cones: efficient road works using real time data