“Words cannot describe what this experience has meant to me, it has always been a dream of mine to study abroad in England, and I am so grateful that it was with LISS.”
Apply as soon as possible as enrolment is limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Applying early also means you are more likely to secure a place on your first choice of modules as popular subjects are likely to fill up quickly.
Applications for summer 2018 will open in October 2017 and close on 1 May 2018. Please contact us to sign up to be notified once the application period is open.
To be eligible for our summer school you should:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- meet our language requirements: non-native speakers of English are required to have IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0) or TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19). Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered - please contact us for more details
If you require a visa to enter the UK you will need to apply for a Short-term Study Visa to attend the summer school a standard visa will not be accepted. Please note, however, that you should always check the immigration requirements for your country and your passport before departing for the UK. Visit the gov.uk website for more information
Our Language Centre offers pre-sessional English language courses before the start of the summer school for students who do not meet our entry requirements of 5.5 IELTS or for students who meet the entry requirements but still want to improve their English. The 10 week programme will help to:
- prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully study with us
- improve your English language skills
- develop your understanding of University systems, services and facilities
If you decide to apply for a pre-sessional English course, please inform us on your summer school application form.