“Words cannot describe what this experience has meant to me, it has always been a dream of mine to study abroad in England, and I am so grateful that it was with LISS.”
Apply as soon as possible as enrolment is limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Applying early also means you are more likely to secure a place on your first choice of modules as popular subjects are likely to fill up quickly.
How to apply
Step 1: Register
You must register online to complete the Leeds International Summer School (LISS) application form. We will use the email address that you register with to inform you of the outcome of your application.
Step 2: Complete the LISS application form
The final application deadline is 1 May 2019.
Completing the form
The system times out after 10 minutes of inactivity so please have your information and supporting documents ready. You should save your application regularly.
You must complete all fields that are marked as required; this includes uploading the following supporting documents:
official transcript (in English) from your home university
supporting statement (outlining your reasons for applying to take part in LISS)
copy of your English Language Certificate and scores eg IELTS (only for non-native speakers from outside of Europe)
Once you have submitted your application form we will review it within two weeks and will contact you via email to inform you of the outcome of your application.
To be eligible to apply for our summer school you should:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- meet our English language requirements:
- non-native English speakers of non-EU/EEA nationality are required to have IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0) or TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19). Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered, and students with extensive English language experience may be exempt - please contact us for more details
- non-native English speakers of EU/EEA nationality are expected to meet Level B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
If you are not sure whether you meet our entry requirements, or what the equivalencies are for your qualifications please contact us.
If you require a visa to enter the UK you will need to apply for a Short-term Study Visa to attend the summer school a standard visa will not be accepted. Please note, however, that you should always check the immigration requirements for your country and your passport before departing for the UK. Read our visa guidance for more details.
English language courses
If you dont meet the above English language requirement for the International Summer School, you may be eligible to study the undergraduate pre-sessional English course taught by the Language Centre.
This course will help to:
- prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully study with us
- improve your academic English language skills
- develop your understanding of the UK University system, services and facilities
If you do meet the English language requirement for the International Summer School, you can still apply for the undergraduate pre-sessional English course. Or, you could apply for either of the following courses taught by the Language Centre:
If you apply for one of these English language courses, please tell us on your International Summer School application.