“Words cannot describe what this experience has meant to me, it has always been a dream of mine to study abroad in England, and I am so grateful that it was with LISS.”
Apply as soon as possible as enrolment is limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Applying early also means you are more likely to secure a place on your first choice of modules as popular subjects are likely to fill up quickly.
How to apply
The application deadline for this summer has now passed. Applications for summer 2019 will open in October. Contact us to be added to our mailing list, and you'll be among the first to find out when applications are open.
To be eligible to apply for our summer school you should:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- meet our English language requirements:
- non-native English speakers of non-EU/EEA nationality are required to have IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0) or TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19). Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered, and students with extensive English language experience may be exempt - please contact us for more details
- non-native English speakers of EU/EEA nationality are expected to meet Level B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
If you are not sure whether you meet our entry requirements, or what the equivalencies are for your qualifications please contact us.
If you require a visa to enter the UK you will need to apply for a Short-term Study Visa to attend the summer school a standard visa will not be accepted. Please note, however, that you should always check the immigration requirements for your country and your passport before departing for the UK. Visit the gov.uk website for more information.
Our Language Centre offers pre-sessional English language courses before the start of the summer school for students who do not meet our entry requirements of 5.5 IELTS or for students who meet the entry requirements but still want to improve their English. The 10 week programme will help to:
- prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully study with us
- improve your English language skills
- develop your understanding of University systems, services and facilities
If you decide to apply for a pre-sessional English course, please inform us on your summer school application form.