Filming permissions

Any organisation or individual wanting to film, record audio or take photographs on the University of Leeds campus must first obtain permission.

Consent for external organisations is granted by the Communications team and Estates helpdesk can assist University of Leeds staff and students wanting to film on campus.

External broadcasters and production companies

To request permission to film please email the Media Relations team via with the following details:

  • when and where on campus you would like to film
  • the nature and intended use of your film/audio/photographs
  • the name of the organisation you represent
  • a contact name, phone number and email address

You should receive a response within 24 hours. A quicker response will be provided for news organisations.

External organisations wishing to film on campus are required to have a Public Liability Policy with a £10 million limit of indemnity.

Please note you may also be required to carry out a risk assessment depending on the nature of your request. The Communications team will advise further on receipt of your request form. The team can be contacted on +44 (0)113 343 4031.

Location finders

Location finders should in the first instance contact the Conferencing and Events team on:

Staff and students

If you are a staff member or student at the University of Leeds, please contact the Estates Helpdesk on: