If your household income is less than £42,875 a year, you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship which offers funding and support.
Applications for 2022 entrants will open in Spring 2022. Please check back at a later date for updated details on how to apply.
Worth £3,000 a year for three years (paid in cash instalments), our UK undergraduate means tested scholarships are of higher value than the University’s funding package Leeds Bursary (funding which is automatically awarded based on a student’s household income level).
Applications for 2022 entrants will open in Spring 2022. Please check back at a later date for updated details on the value of the scholarship, the income threshold and how to apply.
The scholarships do not have to be paid back and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (such as the tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
Alongside the funding, you'll have access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities, social events and monthly newsletters updating you on relevant activity on and off campus through the Plus Programme.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. We will award the UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships to selected UK students from low income households who also meet the eligibility criteria and are entering Leeds as full-time, level one undergraduates in the following September.
The scholarships are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organisations.
- Applications for UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships for 2021 entry closed on 14 May 2021. We do not accept late applications.
- Applications for 2022 entrants will open in Spring 2022. Please check back at a later date for updated details on how to apply.
Other scholarships available from the University
Please note that these scholarships are not administered by the same team as the Means tested Scholarships. Please visit the following webpages for more information:
- Subject related academic achievement scholarships for UK/ EU students and international students.
- Sports scholarship programme for elite athletes.
- Enterprise scholarship scheme for undergraduate students starting their own businesses.
Information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. While the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.