At the University of Leeds we prioritise the support and wellbeing for your child while they are studying with us.
Wellbeing and support services
The University offers a wide range of enrichment opportunities and mental health and wellbeing support. We want to ensure your child feels supported and valued during their time here and to help them foster a sense of belonging. Support includes:
- a range of information and resources to support our students including information on health concerns, disability support and more
- free professional and confidential support through Leeds University Union
- assigned academic personal tutors
- free professional and confidential counselling, wellbeing and mental health support
- support for disabled students
- support for care-experienced and estranged students
- support for international students
This list is not exhaustive and you can find out about the network of wellbeing and support services we have on offer to help students get the most out of their time at Leeds.
The Plus Programme is a support scheme to help less represented groups thrive at university. It is a free, year-round scheme of enhancement and dedicated activities focussing on:
- transition and settling in
- academic and personal student success
- employability and careers
Find out more about who is eligible for the scheme and what is offered on the Plus Programme.