Study English at the University of Leeds Language Centre
A pre-sessional programme is designed to help international students develop their English and academic study skills in preparation for courses or degree programmes at a British university.
The Language Centre has direct links with all academic departments at the University of Leeds. A pre-sessional English course is a beneficial way for international students to progress to postgraduate degrees and the International Foundation year at the University of Leeds without needing to retake IELTS.
Current students whose first language is not English can also access part-time academic English and study skills classes and workshops during their degree - see our page Language support for current students.
Why study with us?
- Develop your English language and academic study skills
- Study at a university language centre which is part of a leading British university
- Entry points in October, January, April, July and August
- Enhance your academic success
- Benefit from being a full member of the University
- Take advantage of all the opportunities in Leeds and its accessibility to other cities and destinations in the UK
Hear from students about how our pre-sessional courses have helped them:
The Language Centre offers the following study options:
Current students can access in-sessional workshops and short courses providing academic English support.