Student support

There’s lots of support at the University and the Language Centre to help you to be successful in your studies and get involved in student life. This includes activities to help you make friends, keep healthy and develop yourself.

Throughout your time in Leeds, there’ll be people to talk to about any questions or challenges you may have. You can email Student Support at the Language Centre at to make an appointment with a student support officer for individual, non-academic support and advice. You’ll have a tutor to talk to about academic issues, personal development and anything that might affect your studies. 

You can also use our specialist support services, including our Student Counselling and Wellbeing service, Student Visa Advice team and Leeds University Union’s Advice service. Find out more about all the support services available

Disability support

Our Disability Services team offers confidential, specialist advice, guidance and support for disabled students, including students with physical disabilities, mental health conditions, autism spectrum condition, specific learning needs (eg dyslexia) and long-term medical conditions.

If you think you could benefit from this service, email disability support at before you arrive to start your course.

Support for under 18s

If you’re under 18, you’ll meet regularly with our student support officer and your tutor, in line with our under 18 year olds policy. Download our under 18 year olds policy (PDF).