Study a pre-sessional course to improve your English language level and prepare for your research degree.
Benefits of studying pre-sessional English
There are many benefits of studying pre-sessional English for postgraduate research, such as:
- Experience and adapt to academic study in the UK ahead of your PhD.
- Improve your English language level, to meet the entry requirements for your research degree, if needed.
- Develop your academic English skills (including reading, writing, listening and speaking) at postgraduate level.
- Become familiar with the University facilities such as libraries, study spaces and learning platforms.
- Settle into Leeds and campus life before your degree begins.
- Meet other postgraduate researchers and build a community of peers.
Find the right pre-sessional course for you
We offer courses for postgraduate researchers during the academic year and over the summer.
If you want to study a pre-sessional course starting in September/October or January, or you may need to study pre-sessional English for longer than 10 weeks.
If you want to study a 10 or 6 week pre-sessional course during June to September.