Are you a Chinese student preparing to study for a postgraduate Master's degree at the University of Leeds?
Or an international student who would like to study an English pre-sessional programme in China?
The Special Postgraduate Entry Scheme is run by the University of Leeds Language Centre by the East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL) in Shanghai. This is a special pathway designed to prepare students graduating from high ranking Chinese universities for academic study at the University of Leeds on certain postgraduate programmes and to facilitate their transfer to the UK. It is open to all University of Leeds offer holders from other countries.
A list will shortly be available of University of Leeds Postgraduate programmes that are available via the Special Postgraduate Entry Scheme in 2015.
Benefits of the Scheme:
Excellent preparation for academic study, with a 10 week Pre- Masters English Language and Study Skills pre-sessional programme. The programme will:
- Help you to improve your overall English language skills in writing, speaking, reading and listening
- Develop your Academic study skills such as writing academic assignments, giving presentations, participating in seminars, reading textbooks and articles for research and listening to lectures
Further benefits include:
- Help with the admissions procedure to the University of Leeds
- Progression to your chosen university department on successful completion of the programme, if other academic conditions have been met
- Lower living costs during the China phase of the programme
- Support during the UK visa application process
- Meeting other students from China intending to study in Leeds
The Pre-Masters Programme (PMP) is run in Shanghai, China, in collaboration with the East China University of Political Science and Law.
You can study on the PMP full-time for 10 weeks from 16th June - 22nd August 2014. Once you have successfully completed the PMP, you will be eligible to apply for your UK visa. You will travel to Leeds in September in order to attend the International Orientation and Induction weeks organised by the University of Leeds.
Click here for more information about this Scheme.
Pages in this document
- General English Summer Programme
- Academic English for Undergraduate Studies Pre-sessional Programme
- Academic English for Postgraduate Studies Pre-sessional Programme
- Academic English for Business and Management Pre-sessional Programme
- InterComm Pre-sessional Programme
- Special Postgraduate Entry Scheme in Shanghai