You must make sure you upload the correct supporting documents with your online application form. We are unable to process applications that are missing supporting documents, so please read the following information carefully.
Submitting your documents
All documents must be sent electronically. They should be combined into one file and submitted as a PDF, with the title as your full name. Please combine the documents relevant to you in the order listed below.
1. Transcript of records (all students)All students should submit an original transcript in English, or an English translation signed and stamped by your home university. We are not able to accept transcripts unless they have been stamped and signed by your home university.
2. Description of the grading system at your home university (all students)This will help our academic staff to understand your transcript. If we do not receive this, you could be rejected for a module that you are qualified for.
3. English language certificate (TOEFL/ IELTS)Please see our language requirements page to find out whether you need to submit proof of your level of English, and ensure you only submit a certificate that meets our requirements. If you are required to submit evidence of your English language level, we will not be able to process your application without the TOEFL/ IELTS certificate. If you have taken TOEFL you can upload a screenshot of your results rather than a certificate.
4. Copy of the information page in your passport or ID card (all students)We require a copy of the information page of your passport, or if you are a European student we will accept a copy of your identity card. We will use this information to ensure you receive the correct advice regarding UK immigration.
If you are going to renew your passport before travelling to the UK, please include a note in your application to let us know that your passport is being renewed, and include the nationality of the expected passport and an estimated date of its arrival. You should then submit a copy of your new passport by email as soon as you receive it.
5. Language questionnaire
You only need to submit a questionnaire if you are applying for language modules with the following codes: FLTU or non-beginners ARAB, EAST, FREN, GERM, ITAL, SLAV or SPPO.
6. Reference (fee-paying applicants only)Please submit one or two academic references. These can be from any lecturer or professor at your home institution who has taught you. Your referee will only be contacted if there are any points of clarification required about your application.
7. Portfolio of work for Performance Music applicants If you major in Music and want to take performance modules you must submit a portfolio of your playing or singing. It should be at least 10 minutes long and include contrasting examples if possible.
You can submit your portfolio via the online application form, email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, or put your portfolio on a CD and post it to the Study Abroad Office.
Please be aware that your acceptance onto modules in these areas may entirely depend on your portfolio rather than your transcript.
8. Portfolio of work for Fine Art and Design applicants
If you major in Fine Art and wish to take studio modules or you major in Design and wish to take core Design modules, you are required to submit your portfolio of work directly to the Fine Art or Design Study Abroad Coordinator prior to completing the Study Abroad application form. You do not need to include your portfolio as a supporting document with your online application. Please refer to our school specific guidance on academic subject requirements to assist you with this process.