Visas and immigration

Visas for international students

Use this page to check which type of visa you will need to study at the University of Leeds. This will depend on the length of your chosen course or research period.

If you need help with preparing your visa application correctly, contact the Student Visa Advice service. Our immigration experts provide free advice on immigration law and requirements for current and prospective students, and their families.

Which visa should I apply for?

Student visa information

Additional immigration requirements

  • Dependants

    If you have family members that you want to bring with you to the UK, find out who qualifies as a dependant and how they can apply for a visa.

    A family with two children building models at a Be Curious event.
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

    If you will be studying a postgraduate course and are from outside the European Economic Area, check if you need an ATAS certificate.

    The front of the Great Hall surrounded by trees and a blue sky.