For 2019 entry, if your household income is less than £42,875 a year you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship.
Worth £3,000 a year for three years (paid in cash instalments), our UK undergraduate means tested scholarships are of higher value than the Universitys funding package Leeds Financial Support (funding which is automatically awarded based on a students household income level).
The scholarships are non-repayable and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (ie tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
Alongside the scholarships, you'll have access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities, social events and monthly newsletters updating you on relevant activity on and off campus.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. We will award the UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships to selected UK students from low income households who also meet the eligibility criteria and are entering Leeds as full-time, level one undergraduates in September 2019.
The scholarships are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organisations.
Applications for UK undergraduate means tested scholarships, 2019 entry, are now closed
If you have applied for 2019, here are the next key dates in the scholarship process:
- Early August 2019 - all provisional, reserve and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
- 21 October 2019 - deadline for Student Finance England income assessments. Students must ensure all relevant information has been passed onto the University of Leeds Funding team, or risk having their scholarship withdrawn.
- Late October/early November 2019 first scholarship payment (if all relevant information has been received).
A range of other scholarships are available from the University:
- subject related academic achievement scholarships for UK/ EU students and international students
- sports scholarship programme for elite athletes
- enterprise scholarship scheme for undergraduate students starting their own businesses
Please note: information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. While the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.