Join our membership scheme and access opportunities to accelerate innovation and place people at the heart of immersive technologies.
You can become a member if you are a researcher in a relevant field from the University of Leeds, from another university or industry.
Benefits of becoming a member
The Centre for Immersive Technologies will provide you with the opportunity to:
- build a professional profile and be associated with an internationally-leading institute
- network, collaborate and socialise with researchers in immersive technologies
- access our networks spanning business, government and academia
- attend our meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences
- receive updates about recent publications, funding and employment opportunities.
Centre for Immersive Technologies members should be:
- conducting research or working in an area related to one or more of the Centre for Immersive Technologies themes and have an ongoing interest in this area of research
- interested in working in an interdisciplinary manner, or building on already existing collaborations
- willing to promote the Centre for Immersive Technologies internally and externally and to reference the Centre on journal publications and grant applications
- committed to attending Centre for Immersive Technologies events, including seminars and annual meetings
- committed, if required, to contributing material for the Centre for Immersive Technologies website, social media presence, annual report and other communications as appropriate.
There are four categories of membership for the Centre for Immersive Technologies:
- Member University of Leeds academic staff whose research falls directly within at least one of the research themes
- Student Member University of Leeds undergraduate, PhD or Masters student working within at least one of the research themes
- Associate Member University of Leeds academic staff whose research does not fall directly within one of the research themes but you work closely with those who do
- Affiliate Member those from outside the University of Leeds e.g. from industry or other universities.