You will be eligible for Access to Leeds if you are a UK student, you are studying the required level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTECs or equivalent) for the course you’ve applied to and you meet two of the following criteria:
- You're from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below OR in receipt of 16-19 Bursary Fund or Discretionary Learner Support with an income threshold of £25,000 OR in receipt of free school meals during your GCSE studies.
- Your parents did not go to university.
- You attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score).
- Your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life. (Except in extreme circumstances, disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic will not be considered. Please read our FAQs for Access to Leeds applicants for more information.)
- You live in an area with low progression to higher education (use our online Access to Leeds postcode checker).
- You live or grew up in public care.
If you meet two or more of these criteria, you can apply to Access to Leeds.
Please note: the Access to Leeds scheme is not available for applicants who already hold an undergraduate degree, or those taking an Access to Higher Education or foundation qualification.
If you have any questions about the criteria contact us on email@example.com.