Find out how to apply through Access to Leeds and what happens next.
Applications for 2024 entry are now closed. Applications for 2025 entry will open in late September 2024 and details will appear here.
Getting a reference
You'll need a reference to complete your application – you can ask a tutor, teacher or careers advisor. If you are not currently in education, you can ask your previous tutor/teacher or your employer.
They will need to complete a section of your application form before you submit it. They will be asked to confirm which criteria they believe you meet that makes you eligible for Access to Leeds, plus other information to support your application. We will provide further information about how to do this when applications open.
After you apply
- Once you have applied, we will email you to confirm if you are eligible for the scheme within a few days. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days please email the Access to Leeds team at email@example.com.
- We will notify the admissions team for the course you have applied to that you are eligible for Access to Leeds. They will assess your application and make a decision based on:
- your predicted grades
- your UCAS personal statement and UCAS reference
- the contextual information provided on your Access to Leeds application
- interview (for some courses).
- If your application to the University is successful, you will receive an offer notification. You may not receive a decision immediately, particularly if you have applied for a highly competitive course. You will normally receive the standard offer as well as an alternative Access to Leeds offer, up to two grades lower for A-levels, or the equivalent for alternative qualifications, such as BTECs or the International Baccalaureate. For example, if the standard entry requirement is AAA at A-level, the Access to Leeds offer would typically be ABB.
- You must make the University of Leeds your firm choice on UCAS in order to remain eligible for your Access to Leeds offer.
- You will need to successfully complete the online Access to Leeds module, delivered between April and July. You must therefore be available with reliable internet access during this period.
- When you complete the module successfully and get the A-level (or equivalent) results you need for your offer, your place on your chosen course is confirmed.
Protecting your privacy and data
When you apply to Access to Leeds, we will keep all information you provide strictly confidential and will only share it with University staff relevant to the admissions process, where necessary. Find out more in our Access to Leeds direct application privacy notice.
For information on how the University of Leeds access and use student information, please refer to the main University of Leeds privacy statement.