The Language Centre at the University of Leeds covers the full range of language training and preparation courses for prospective and current university students.
We are part of the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies, in the Faculty of Arts. We have a large number of dedicated and well-equipped teaching rooms on the University campus.
You can study
- English language pre-sessional courses for international students
- General English programme
- Elective modules in a range of modern languages
We also provide
- English language support for current international students
- Independent language learning opportunities at the Language Zone for all students and staff
- Online learning materials
You can find more information about our English Language courses here, or find out more about language learning and development opportunities for current students.
You can read the back issues of our Newsletters here.
We are active members of the following organisations:
- AULC (the Association of University Language Centres, UK and Ireland)
- BALEAP (the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes)
- CercleS (the European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education)
- English UK North