The Language Centre at the University of Leeds covers the full range of language training and preparation courses for prospective and current university students.
We have a large number of dedicated and well-equipped teaching rooms in a very central location on the University campus.
We are part of the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies, in the Faculty of Arts, and benefit from strong links with these and many of the other faculties in the University.
You can study
- English language on preparation courses for International students
- English language on credit-bearing elective modules
- International Foundation Year English language modules
- Other languages on credit-bearing elective modules
We also provide
- English language support for International students
- Independent language learning opportunities for all students and staff
- Teaching and learning in well-equipped classrooms
- Online learning materials
You can download a leaflet describing all of our courses and services from the right-hand menu.
You can also download this leaflet in the following languages: Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
You can read the back issues of our Newsletters here.
We are active members of the following organisations and are involved in national initiatives to promote the learning of languages, such as the 'Speak to the Future' campaign:
- AULC (the Association of University Language Centres, UK and Ireland)
- BALEAP (the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes)
- CercleS (the European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education)
- English UK North