We make the information in this definition document available unless:
- We do not hold the information.
- The information is exempt under one of the FOI exemptions or Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) exceptions, or its release is prohibited under another statute.
- The information is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible; or
- It would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release.
The guidance is not meant to give a definitive or exhaustive list.
Before you make an FOI request
If you are looking for information and services you can expect the University to regularly or routinely provide, you will probably find it easier and quicker to search or explore our list of online resources. You can also find information about previous FOI responses we have issued by downloading the Excel files on our disclosure Log, which is updated on a quarterly basis.
How to make an FOI request
If you cannot find the information you seek or cannot access the University's website you can make a Freedom of Information request by email:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University reserves the right to make charges to cover the cost of duplication, administration and postage of printed copies of any web pages or hard copies of a publication where the number of pages exceeds fourteen. Any charges, payable in advance, will normally be calculated on a basis of £4+postage for the first 15 pages plus an additional 25p for each additional page requested.