Studying abroad at Leeds gives you the opportunity to attend a Russell Group university in one of the UK’s most popular student cities.
You’ll join our diverse community of 39,000 students, which includes 13,400 international students from 137 countries.
Tailored academic experience
You can tailor your study abroad experience to your interests by choosing from a wide range of modules from across the University and there are pre-sessional English courses to help you develop your English language skills.
Guaranteed University accommodation
We guarantee new international students a place in University accommodation if you meet the application deadline. Accommodation is available whether you are studying for the whole academic year or just one semester.
If you live in University accommodation, you’ll get free membership for The Edge, our indoor sports facility, which has a 250-station fitness suite, a 25m swimming pool, sauna and steam room and more than 70 classes per week.
Our campus is one of the largest in the UK and is just a short walk from Leeds city centre. Take a look around with a virtual campus tour.
The award-winning Leeds University Union (LUU) gives you access to over 300 activities, clubs and societies so you can try something new or continue an existing interest. You’ll have the opportunity to find what’s right for you through the Union’s ‘give-it-a-go’ sessions. There’s also a student advice centre, shops, bars and clubs.
You’ll find all the facilities you need to support and enhance your academic studies here, including four libraries on campus, flexible group study areas and silent individual study spaces.
Leeds, the city
Leeds is a large, affordable and multicultural city, surrounded by easily accessible countryside. Its central location makes Leeds a perfect starting point for trips to London, Manchester or Edinburgh, all within three hours on the train.
The city centre has shops of every kind, hundreds of bars, clubs and restaurants, and several galleries, museums and theatres. Find out more about what’s going on in Leeds.
Support for study abroad students
We offer lots of support to our incoming exchange and study abroad students, including:
- application and pre-arrival support from the Incoming Study Abroad team.
- an allocated parent school with a dedicated study abroad coordinator, as well as a personal tutor to provide academic advice.
- immigration advice and guidance on life in the UK from the Student visa advice service.
- help with developing your English Language skills (if English isn’t your first language) from our Language Centre.
- academic study skills support outside of the classroom from Skills@Library to help you get used to the UK academic system.
- support for students with a disability.
- support and wellbeing services.
- a Student Information Service for help with any questions or problems when you are here. They have a helpline, an email address and four information points on campus.
Hear from our students
To learn more about student life in Leeds, chat to a current University of Leeds student.
You can also read blogs from previous study abroad students to find out how they made the most of their time here.