Membership categoriesThere are four categories of Bragg Centre membership:
- Member if your research falls directly within one of the research themes.
- Student member if you are a PhD or Masters student working within one of the research themes.
- Associate member if your research does not fall directly within one of the research themes, but you work closely with those who do or you draw on the Bragg Centres technology platform.
- Affiliate member if you work outside of the University of Leeds for example in industry or at another university.
Why become a member?The Bragg Centre will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Build your professional profile and be associated with an internationally-renowned materials research centre.
- Network, collaborate and socialise with materials researchers from all faculties involved in the Centre.
- Access the Bragg Centres network, spanning business, government and academia.
- Be invited to Centre events meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Receive updates about recent publications, funding and employment opportunities.
- Enhance your personal development through training, knowledge and skills sharing.
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Bragg Centre for the benefit of its members. This includes involvement in decisions on future support infrastructure, equipment and facilities.
- Have access to dedicated Bragg Centre research and innovation support, as well as communications support to promote and translate research to fellow academics and stakeholders.
- Apply for Bragg funding for interdisciplinary PhDs and other research projects and related activities, when available.
Bragg Centre members should be:
- Conducting research or working in an area related to one or more of the Bragg Centre themes and have an ongoing interest in this area of research.
- Interested in working in an interdisciplinary manner, or building on already existing collaborations
- Willing to promote the Bragg Centre internally and externally.
- Committed to attending Bragg Centre events, including seminars and annual meetings.
- Committed, if required, to contributing material for the Bragg Centre website, annual report and other communications, as appropriate.
Applying for membershipTo apply, fill in our membership form.
Terms and conditions
- Your application will be reviewed by the Bragg Centre Steering Group, which meets monthly.
- There will be no opportunity for appeal if your membership is declined or if you are offered associate membership rather than membership.
- Those who are declined membership or allocated associate membership status may reapply after six months.
- Members can leave the Bragg Centre at any time.
- If members wish to change their status from one category of membership to another, a new application should be made via the process above.
- Anyone leaving the University will automatically no longer be a member of the Bragg Centre (although they may apply for affiliate membership).
- Membership will be reviewed every two years to assess compliance with the obligations of membership (such as engagement in events).