“I’m in two societies in Leeds University Union, and it's a great opportunity to talk or share information with foreign students or British students. ”
Coronavirus (covid-19) update
You'll be able to study your pre-sessional course from home, you won't be expected to study live online sessions at night and you won't need a visa.
Well continue to review our courses, and will update our information for pre-sessionals taking place in Term 3 (March June 2021) and summer 2021 in the near future.
If you have applied for a pre-sessional English course, please read our pre-sessional FAQs.
For all other updates and information, visit our coronavirus website.
Fees, dates and deadlines
After youve checked the entry requirements, check below to see what dates are available for the length of pre-sessional course you need to study.
2020/21 full-time pre-sessional courses (for degrees starting in September 2021)
|Term||Term start date||Term end date||Course length options||Fee per term||Application deadline (UK time)|
|1 - course not running||-||-||-||-||-|
|2 - online teaching||4 January 2021||12 March 2021||10/ 20/ 30 weeks||£3,930||13 November 2020, 5pm|
|3||29 March 2021||4 June 2021||10/ 20 weeks||£3,930||1 February 2021, 5pm|
|5 July 2021||10 September 2021||10 weeks||£3,930||4 May 2021, 5pm|
|2 August 2021||10 September 2021||6 weeks||£2,358||4 June 2021, 5pm|
The length of time you need to study will depend on your current English language level and the entry requirements for your chosen degree. To see how long youll need to study, see the entry requirements section.
What's included in the tuition fees for online teaching?
- high quality teaching delivered by University of Leeds language tutors
- dedicated time with your tutor each week
- all learning materials and software needed for the course
- access to online language learning resources through our Language Zone
- access to digital University library resources
- support to help you get the most out of studying online
- academic skills support services
- wellbeing and support services