Contacting usWhen we receive a complete application, we aim to make a decision within five working days. This increases to ten working days during peak times. If you have submitted an application at a peak time, we will notify you by email.
If you have questions about an application, please email email@example.com. We respond to emails in the order we receive them. Sending repeat emails about an application will delay the decision process. Please provide all relevant information in your initial email.
We can only process complete applications which include all supporting documents. Incomplete applications will delay the process.
Making an application 2020/21
To apply for the English for Life online course or General English courses, use the following guidance on this page and please include your student's personal email address.
Apply for the English for Life online course
Apply for General English courses
Check the course detailsPlease ensure that:
- Your student meets the entry requirements for the course. (Entry requirements can be found by following the relevant link to your course from the Language Centre homepage.)
- You enter the course start and end dates, as shown on the course page.
Supporting documentsWe can only process complete applications which include all supporting documents. To avoid delays, please include:
- A copy of your students English language certificate (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where possible, or high school certificate). This should be no more than two years old at the start of the Language Centre course. Your student must hold a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) IELTS if they wish to apply for a Student visa.
- A clear copy of your students passport pages which show name, nationality and passport number.
- A copy of the offer letter from the institution where they will study after completing our English language course.
- A copy of your students current visa, if they are already in the UK.
- A copy of any previous UK visas and any previous Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statements issued to your student.
Please note, for terms one, two and three we may have a maximum number of places per course. Therefore, we can't guarantee an offer to all eligible applicants, including those who apply before the deadline. We prioritise early and complete applications, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Students under 18If a student will be under 18 years old when their undergraduate pre-sessional English course starts, we must complete a risk assessment before making a decision. Therefore, it may take longer to review their application. If this is relevant, we will send additional information to your student by email.
For more information, download our guidance for applicants under 18 (PDF).