What to do after you've received an offer

Congratulations on your offer to study with the Language Centre at Leeds. Below is a step-by-step guide for what you need to do now. 

1. Accept your offer

Accept your offer as soon as possible. If you wish to decline your offer, please email us at least seven days before the start of your course.

2. Apply for your visa

Apply for a visa as soon as possible. The earliest you can apply for a visa is three months before the start of your course at the Language Centre.

If you need a Student visa, we will issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). The earliest we can issue your CAS is six months before the start of your course. If your course starts in the next six months, we aim to issue your CAS around five working days after you accept your offer.

We'll send your CAS statement from DoNotReplyCAS@leeds.ac.uk. Please add this email address to your contacts list to make sure that you receive our email.

If you need a Student visa to study with us, you and the University must comply with certain Student visa responsibilities. Please read these carefully.

Read our guidance on applying for a Student visa or contact the International Student Office with any questions.

3. Apply for accommodation

Apply for accommodation through our accommodation website. Please note that University accommodation for families is very limited.

If you have any questions about accommodation, please contact the Accommodation Office on accom@leeds.ac.uk or +44 (0)113 343 7777.

4. Book your flights and travel insurance

You should arrive before the first day of your course. If you need somewhere to stay before your accommodation contract starts, you can:

  • Contact the Accommodation Office to request temporary accommodation on accom@leeds.ac.uk or +44 (0)113 343 7777. Please note temporary accommodation is not guaranteed and may not be available near Leeds city centre. 
  • Book a hotel

The University can't accept responsibility for any losses or expenses while you're studying with us. We advise you to take out the appropriate travel insurance when studying here.

5. Pay your language centre course fees

Self-funded students: how to pay

Sponsored students: please send your Financial Guarantee to the Language Centre via artsfin@leeds.ac.uk.
We need to receive the Financial Guarantee from your sponsor before you can start your course.

If you are having difficulty in obtaining your Financial Guarantee, please contact artsfin@leeds.ac.uk.

6. Check your emails

Before you arrive check the email address you provided in your application regularly. At least two weeks before your course starts, we'll email you with arrival information including how to register for your course and where to go on your first day. Please add langc@leeds.ac.uk to your contacts list to make sure you receive our emails.

If you have a disability or any other support needs that you'd like to make us aware of, please complete the support form.

UK law refers to disability as a mental or physical impairment that has a significant and long-term effect on a person’s day to day life. For example:

  • a long-term medical condition
  • a long-term mental health condition
  • a learning difficulty
  • other diagnosed conditions that might affect your study

7. Keep us informed

Get in contact with us if:

  • You expect to arrive late for your English language course. You may not be able to start your course if you arrive late.
  • You can no longer attend your English language course.
  • You change your postgraduate course. Many of our pre-sessional courses are based on the degree course you will study. If you change your degree course, you may need a different pre-sessional course. A change in pre-sessional course may delay your CAS and visa application resulting in late arrival for your course.

Further information

Visit our web pages for current international students for more information to prepare you for your arrival in Leeds. Contact us if you have any further questions on langc@leeds.ac.uk.