Samantha Earl is a Teaching Fellow in Academic Skills (Maths).
Areas of expertise
Maths, Numeracy, Academic skills development, Pre-entry maths support, Joy of Maths, Kickstart.
As a member of the academic skills team at the Lifelong Learning Centre (LLC), I deliver individual and small-group numeracy and mathematics support to applicants, LLC students, and mature students from schools and faculties across the university. I additionally teach maths and statistics module content on various LLC programmes.
- I deliver pre-entry maths and numeracy support to applicants preparing for the mathematics matriculation exam, which is part of the Alternative Admissions Scheme at the University of Leeds.
- I teach ‘Joy of Maths,’ a series of sessions offered to all JumpStart participants, with the aim of showcasing where maths can be found in day-to-day life.
- I support the Kickstart programme for prospective Science Foundation Year entrants.
- I am the module lead for LLLC2277 ‘Management Decision Making’ (part-time Business Management and Leadership BSc).
- I am the module lead for LLLC2298 ‘Management Decision Making’ (Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship).
- I deliver weekly tutorials for LLC students enrolled in LUBS1275 ‘Mathematics and Statistics for Economics and Business 1A’.
- I deliver ad-hoc sessions introducing/reviewing key maths and statistics topics across LLC-taught modules.
I have a MNatSci in Natural Sciences (Chemistry and Ocean & Earth Sciences) from the University of Southampton and a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) from the University of Leeds. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).