You may be eligible to a contribution towards travel costs to an Offer Holder Day.
The bursary is worth up to £100 per eligible applicant (for economy public transport costs only, receipts will be required).
How do I claim?
Visit the information fair in Parkinson Court during the offer holder day and speak to staff in the travel bursary area (next to the Transition to Leeds stand) for details of how to claim. Our team will then get in touch after the event with a travel claim form for you to complete and return along with a copy of your travel receipts or online booking confirmation.
Please note we’re unable to reimburse any travel without receipts.
If you have any queries email the Travel Bursary Team at email@example.com
You'll also be able to speak to members of staff and current students about the Access to Leeds module, support via the Plus Programme and ways we can help with your transition to the University.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to claim the travel bursary if you are:
1. A UK applicant to the University of Leeds and attending an Offer Holder Day on one of the following dates:
- Wednesday 14 February
- Wednesday 21 February
- Saturday 9 March
- Wednesday 20 March
- Wednesday 10 April
- Saturday 20 April
- Wednesday 24 April
- Saturday 11 May
Please note the bursary covers applicant travel costs (economy public transport costs only: rail, coach or bus travel), it does not include any guest(s).
2. Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Access to Leeds offer holder (this will be communicated in your offer letter).
- LPN offer holder (this will be communicated in your offer letter. An LPN offer will include the wording "includes a one grade reduction because you live in a higher education Low Participation Neighbourhood (LPN)").
- Foundation Year offer holder (doesn’t include Studies in Science Foundation Year unless you meet one of the other criteria).
- Receives free school meals (you must have indicated this on your UCAS application).
- Care experienced (you must have indicated this on your UCAS application).