The University of Leeds is a member of Advancing Access – an initiative of the 24 Russell Group universities – which provides free CPD to teachers and advisors in schools and colleges.
Advancing Access offers a range of resources, online and in-person events to support staff whose role involves guiding young learners in their post-16 choices and university decisions.
As part of our involvement in the Advancing Access programme, the University can provide CPD sessions, delivered online or in your school/college including:
- Supporting students to make choices at age 16
- Supporting students to make choices at age 18
- Supporting students to write personal statements
- Writing effective UCAS references
- Understanding contextual admissions processes
- Preparing students for interviews and admissions tests