For 2021 entry, if your household income is less than £42,875 a year you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship.
Worth £3,000 a year for three years (paid in cash instalments), our UK undergraduate means tested scholarships are of higher value than the Universitys funding package Leeds Financial Support (funding which is automatically awarded based on a students household income level).
The scholarships are non-repayable and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (ie tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
Alongside the scholarships, you'll have access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities, social events and monthly newsletters updating you on relevant activity on and off campus through the Plus Programme.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. We will award the UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships to selected UK students from low income households who also meet the eligibility criteria and are entering Leeds as full-time, level one undergraduates in September 2021.
The scholarships are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organisations.
Applications for UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships for 2021 entry are now open and will close at 11.59pm on 14 May 2021.
If you have applied for 2021 entry, here are the next key dates in the scholarship process:
- Early August 2021 - all provisional, reserve and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
- 22 October 2021 - deadline for Student Loans Company income assessments to be finalised.
- Late October/early November 2021 first scholarship payment (if all relevant information has been received).
Please note that possible changes to the A Level results process may mean that these dates are altered. In this case, all applicants will be contacted via email.
A range of other scholarships are available from the University:
- Subject related academic achievement scholarships for UK/ EU students and international students.
- Sports scholarship programme for elite athletes.
- Enterprise scholarship scheme for undergraduate students starting their own businesses.
Information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. While the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.