The University Library at Leeds is one of the major academic research libraries in the UK.
Our four libraries on campus offer a variety of working environments to suit you and they’re open late seven days a week during term time. In our Laidlaw Library, purpose-built for undergraduates, you’ll find dedicated library collections for your subject areas.
You’ll also have:
- easy access to all the books and online library resources for your course
- different working environments, including group and silent individual study areas
- IT zones with the latest interactive presentation equipment
- outstanding collections of rare books and manuscripts, which you can use for individual and group research as part of your course
- expert library staff on hand to help support throughout your studies for academic skills, including report and essay writing, presenting and time management
Computers and IT
Through your University account you’ll have access to the best technologies and services to support your studies.
You’ll benefit from:
- a range of standard and specialist software and services
- free high-speed wi-fi across campus
- free access to licensed copies of Office 365 ProPlus for you to use at home or on the move
- personalised content like your timetable and library record through the UniLeeds mobile app
Learn a new language through our Language Centre. as part of your course. Being able to speak another language boosts your employability and opens up new opportunities to work or study abroad.
If you want to improve your language skills or learn a new language by yourself, you can access free learning resources in more than 50 languages from our Language Centre.
If English isn’t your first language, you can improve your academic English level and prepare for university study with our undergraduate pre-sessional English course, available before you start. And once you’ve started your main academic course, you can access workshops and advice to continue improving your academic English language skills.