Visas and finance

To study in the UK, you'll need to think about finances and get a Student visa.


To make sure you have enough money to support yourself throughout your studies, you should calculate your budget early. For information about what to costs to expect and how to budget, visit our living costs and budgeting page.  

You should consider other aspects that may impact your finances while you study in the UK, such as currency rates of your country to the Great British Pound. We can also help you with any required documents if you are applying for an education bank loan.  

Please get in touch if you have questions about this process.  


To find out information about applying, you should first read our applying for a Student visa page.

Help with your visa application

Contact us for help with your visa application.

Applying in India

To apply for a visa, you will need to make an appointment with the Visa Facilitation Service (VFS). The VFS are official partners of the UK Visa and Immigration office and have 11 offices located across India. You can find details of your nearest office on the VFS website

In addition to the list of documents listed on our Student visa page, you will need to bring documents showing that you have a place at Leeds and have the finances to fund your studies.

Additionally, you will be interviewed by a member of staff from the Home Office. They will ask you about your course, where you want to study and your reasons for studying in the UK.

The report of the interview will be sent to the entry clearance officer who makes the decision on your visa application. 

Unsuccessful applications

If your application is refused or rejected, please email the Visas team at, including a copy of your refusal letter and wait for our advice before making a new visa application.

Please note that a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) can only be used once. If your application is refused or rejected, do not attempt to make another application using the same CAS.

You can request a new CAS using the contact email addresses in the email which delivered your first CAS.

Related links