Funding for disabled students

If you experience a disability you may be entitled to a grant to cover additional study costs.

The Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) is a grant to help some disabled students cover any additional costs that arise as a direct result of a disability.

Other sources of financial help in addition to the standard student finance loans include:

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Universal Credit

More details are available on the government student disability help page or by visiting the UCAS website's disabled students page.

You can also visit our page about disability services and our funding for disabled students page for information on the University's guidance and support for disabled students. For any specific questions regarding funding with academic support, students should email Disability Services via The University also has an access fund which provides funding for non-academic support.

Student Advice at Leeds University Union can support students in applying for specific disability-related funding.