Policy Leeds works collaboratively across the University of Leeds to provide policy engagement support. Please get in touch if you have any questions or want to discuss any of our activities further.
Policy Officer, Policy Leeds
- Coordinates institutional responses to requests from policy professionals, such as calls for expertise.
- Disseminates information on opportunities for and routes to policy engagement via the Engaged Research team in Microsoft Teams (members of the University of Leeds only).
- Supports meetings and events bringing together research and policy communities.
- Helps with promoting policy-relevant research and policy engagement activities.
- Provides support developing policy briefs and blogs.
- Can provide individual guidance and advice for those wanting to develop their policy engagement University of Leeds contact for the University Policy Engagement Network (UPEN).
Further policy engagement support
Policy Leeds works closely with the following people. There are also many other impact support professionals based in the University’s Schools and Faculties that may be able to support policy engagement activities. Please get in touch and we’ll try to direct you to the most appropriate person.
Organisational Development & Professional Learning
Ged provides impact coaching and guidance on professional development, and also advises on developing the impact pathways in research grant applications.
Public and Policy Engagement, Leeds Social Sciences Institute (LSSI)
LSSI supports connecting the social sciences with policy professionals on a local and national level through organising engagement-facing workshops, events, developmental opportunities and networking activities. They run a regular seminar series with the Department of Work and Pensions. LSSI is also working to further strengthening research-policy relationships with Leeds City Council as part of the Review of Collaborations project.