Policy Leeds supports the following personal development opportunities for University of Leeds researchers, to help them engage more effectively with policy.
Engaged Research Team
The Engaged Research Microsoft Team is our digital space to bring together everyone who is involved in or interested in engagement with research at the University of Leeds.
- shares research engagement intelligence, including intelligence on opportunities, support and training
- provides a one-stop shop for support and resources on research engagement
- brings people together from across the University around engagement with research (public, policy and third sector engagement, and patient involvement)
- provides regular networking and events related to engagement, including termly sessions organised by Policy Leeds
University of Leeds members can join the Engaged Research Team by opening Microsoft Teams and selecting ‘Join or create a team’. When prompted, enter the code fc84jre. An administrator will then approve your request.
Be inspired by our policy leaders
Whether you are struggling to get going or seeking ideas on what might be possible, our policy leader biographies show that engaging with policy is for all career stages and academic disciplines.
Kickstart your policy engagement
Kickstart your policy engagement is a new policy engagement development programme developed by the Institute for Government, in conjunction with Policy Leeds, OD&PL and Leeds Social Science Institute (LSSI). We ran a pilot version of this programme during September 2021 and hope to run a full course in early 2022.
The programme consists for four modules covering the following areas:
- the landscape of government and policy making
- policy making, evidence and engagement
- developing networks and building your profile
- communicating your research
The programme is aimed at those who are new, or relatively new, to policy engagement and provides practical steps to getting started. It is open to researchers (including postgraduate researchers) and research support professionals.
Full details and an expression of interest form can be found in the Kickstart your policy engagement sign-up Sway (University of Leeds members only, you may need to log in). This Sway was aimed at recruiting people for the pilot, but it is still possible to add your name to the list to hear about future runs of the programme.
If your questions are not answered by the Sway, then please email email@example.com.