Are you eligible for Access to Leeds?
Anyone applying to a full-time undergraduate degree at the University can apply to the Access to Leeds scheme. To be eligible you must be living permanently in the UK, hold or be taking the required level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTECs or equivalent) for the course you've applied to, have the potential to succeed at the University of Leeds and meet two or more of the following criteria:
- be from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below or in receipt of 16-19 Bursary Fund or Discretionary Learner Support with an income threshold of £25,000, or in receipt of free school meals during your GCSE studies
- be in the first generation of your immediate family to go to university
- attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score)
- your only option is to attend a local university
- your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life
- you live in a geographical area with low progression to higher education (see our online postcode checker)
- you live or grew up in public care
Please note: the Access to Leeds scheme is not appropriate for applicants who already hold a Higher Education qualification or those taking an Access to Higher Education or foundation qualification.
How to apply
The scheme will open for applications for 2019 entry toward the end of September.
Your Access to Leeds application must be supported by a referee, preferably a teacher or tutor, who will need to complete a section on your application form. Your referee will be able to provide further details on your circumstances to support your application. Please bear this in mind when its time to apply.
If you receive a course offer, you will also receive an Access to Leeds offer alongside your standard course offer.
How to submit your application form
A web form will be available from this page when applications open toward the end of September. Use this form to submit your application electronically.
From September 2018 onwards, if you apply via UCAS to start university in 2019 or later, you could be automatically flagged as eligible for Access to Leeds. This could happen if your application indicates you meet the eligibility criteria relating to your school or geographical area.
If you are automatically flagged by our admissions team you could receive an Access to Leeds offer alongside your standard offer.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that eligible applicants will be automatically flagged. It is important that you submit a direct application if you want to take part in the scheme.