Holding your fellowship here enables you to establish your academic career in a vibrant and inclusive, research-intensive environment. We are looking for independent researchers to come to Leeds and see how we are tackling some of societys biggest challenges.
A fellowship award gives you the opportunity to set aside time to conduct independent research, grow or expand your own group, and progress your career.
We welcome enquiries from fellowship applicants at any career stage, or academics wishing to transfer their existing fellowship to Leeds. Get in contact with us at email@example.com, or discuss your application with an academic sponsor or Head of School at the earliest opportunity.
- Interdisciplinary research themes, each with dedicated research development staff
- Help identifying funding opportunities
- Specialist research facilities and infrastructure
- Access to industry through our Nexus innovation hub
- Application support via workshops and one-to-one training
- Help shaping your research ideas and support for proposal development
- Rigorous pre-application peer review
- CV development
- Coaching and interview preparation
- A great city to live and work in with excellent transport links
- UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships This cross-UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) scheme supports early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential. Our next internal process will start in May 2019 to select applicants for submission to UKRI in October 2019.
- NERC Independent Research Fellowships (IRF) - Designed to develop scientific leadership among the most promising early-career environmental scientists. Our internal process begins in April for submission to NERC in October.
- EPSRC Fellowships - Aim to provide greater support to the aspiring and current individuals who are delivering the highest quality research to meet UK and global priorities. Our internal processes start twice a year, in January and June.
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowships - Provide support for early career post-doctoral researchers and encourage them to become future research leaders in engineering. Our internal process begins in June each year for submission in early September.
- ESRC New Investigator Awards - Aimed at people wanting to become an independent researcher through managing their first major research project. Applicants can submit an Expression of Interest to us at any time. If accepted, youll be supported to develop a full application.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships (URF) - For scientists who are in the early stages of their research career and have the potential to become leaders in their field. Our process starts in May each year for submission to the Royal Society in autumn.
- Wellcome Trust Henry Dale Fellowships - Provide support for postdoctoral researchers who aim to become independent scientists leading their own groups.
- Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships - Offer recently qualified postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to start independent research careers.
- Wellcome Trust Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Sciences - Support postdoctoral researchers in health-related humanities and social sciences who do not hold established academic posts.
- MRC Career Development Awards - Support talented post-doctoral researchers to lead their own research plans and establish their own research team to make the transition from post-doctoral researcher to independent investigator.
- MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowships - Support clinicians, including (but not limited to) medics, surgeons, dentists, clinical psychologists, public health specialty trainees, allied health professionals, nurses, midwives and veterinarians, to undertake a PhD or other higher research degree.
- MRC Clinician Scientist Fellowships - Develop talented medically and other clinically qualified professionals who have a higher research degree to lead their own research plans and establish their own team to become an independent investigator.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions - Individual Fellowships - A great option if you are a researcher looking to give your career a boost by working abroad.
- ERC Starting Grants For talented early-career scientists who have already produced excellent supervised work, and are ready to work independently and show potential to be a research leader.
- ERC Consolidator Grants For scientists who want to consolidate their independence by establishing a research team.
- ERC Advanced Grants For established, leading principal investigators who want long-term funding to pursue a ground-breaking, high-risk project.
Some fellowship schemes place restrictions on how many applications can be submitted by a single institution. Please make sure that you discuss your proposal with your potential host school and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how we select applicants to support.