Fees and funding

Find out about whether you will need to pay fees and what scholarships and financial aid are available.


Students nominated by their home university for an exchange place will have no tuition fees to pay to the University of Leeds.

If you are not a nominated student coming through an exchange agreement then you may need to pay tuition fees to the University of Leeds. Please email studyabroad@leeds.ac.uk for further information. 

There may be additional fees outside of the tuition fee, such as administrative charges or fieldwork costs.

If applicable, once you have been accepted to the University of Leeds, you will receive information regarding how to pay your tuition fees in your acceptance letter. Find out more about how to pay your tuition fees.

Scholarships and financial aid

You will find details of existing travel awards to help fund your studies in the following information.

British Universities Transnational Exchange Association (BUTEX)

Each year BUTEX awards a number of £500 scholarships to students coming from non-Erasmus+ higher education institutions. You must apply by 15 June.

Find out more and apply for BUTEX scholarship.