Are you eligible for Access to Leeds?
Anyone applying to a full-time undergraduate degree at the University can apply to the Access to Leeds scheme. To be eligible you must be living permanently in the UK, hold or be taking the required level 3 qualifications (A-levels, BTECs, IB or equivalent) for the course you've applied to, have the potential to succeed at the University of Leeds and meet two or more of the following criteria:
- be from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below or in receipt of 16-19 Bursary Fund or Discretionary Learner Support with an income threshold of £25,000, or in receipt of free school meals during your GCSE studies
- be in the first generation of your immediate family to go to university
- attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score)
- your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life
- you live in a geographical area with low progression to higher education (see our online postcode checker)
- you live or grew up in public care
Please note: the Access to Leeds scheme is not appropriate for applicants with prior experience of higher education, or those taking an Access to Higher Education or foundation qualification.
How to apply
Access to Leeds applications have now closed for 2019 entry. Applications will reopen in September 2019 for students applying to start their university course in 2020.
If you meet two or more of the above eligibility criteria you should submit an application form and any additional supporting documents required. Ideally this should be done as soon as you submit your UCAS application.
Your Access to Leeds application must be supported by a referee, preferably a teacher or tutor, who will need to complete a section on your application form. Your referee will be able to provide additional details on your circumstances to support your application.
If you receive a course offer, you will also receive an Access to Leeds offer alongside your standard course offer.
Privacy and data protection
By completing an Access to Leeds application, you are agreeing to the personal data you provide being accessed and used by the University as detailed in our privacy statement. For further information on how your information is stored and used, please read the student privacy notice.
If you apply via UCAS, you could be automatically flagged as eligible for Access to Leeds. This could happen if your application indicates you meet the eligibility criteria relating to your school or geographical area.
If you are automatically flagged by our admissions team you could receive an Access to Leeds offer alongside your standard offer.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that eligible applicants will be automatically flagged. It is important that you submit a direct application if you want to take part in the scheme.
Access to Leeds applications have now closed for applicants applying to enter university in 2019.
Access to Leeds applications will reopen in September 2019 for students applying to university courses starting in 2020.