We want your research experience with us to be successful, enjoyable and developmental. Beyond your individual research project, several elements contribute to this.
Here’s what you can expect as a postgraduate researcher at Leeds:
Carrying out independent research with expert support, you'll:
- work with supervisors who are experts in their field and will challenge, inspire and support you
- have opportunities for cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary research
- have access to outstanding academic research facilities
Read about academic study facilities.
To help prepare you for your future career you'll have access to:
- training programmes to develop skills relevant to your research and future career
- specialist researcher career advice and support
- networking opportunities, conferences and events to advance your research and future career
Read about your development and careers support.
You’ll be part of a diverse, welcoming and supportive research community:
- where you are valued and your voice is heard
- with opportunities to connect academically and socially to share ideas and experiences
- offering opportunities for formal and informal collaboration with other researchers to gain new perspectives
You'll find the support you need to help you flourish, including:
- practical help and advice about starting your postgraduate research
- support and advice from the Doctoral College throughout your research journey
- access to a wide range of University resources, services, help and information
You’ll be conducting your research in an outward-facing, global institution with:
- chance to engage with international researchers here and abroad
- international conference opportunities
- specialist advice and support for international researchers
Read about our global university.