Research degrees funding overview

Research degrees funding overview

Find out about University scholarships and funding available to UK and international research degree students from across our schools and subject areas.

Select the ‘Funding’ tab when you search our research opportunities directory.

Read more about fee status and the basics of home and overseas fees on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

Our scholarships and funding

UK Research Council funding

If you are a home fee-rated student, you may be able to apply for Research Council funded study through one of our Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) or Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs). There are a very limited number of studentships for international fee-rated students. Explore our externally funded research opportunities.

Read more about fee status on the UKCISA website.