Student Visa Advice service

Our Student Visa Advice service has qualified immigration advisers with up to date knowledge of changes to immigration law, so it is the only place on campus where you should ask questions about immigration.

Please do not ask your friends or staff in your department for visa advice.

Our Student Visa Advisers can answer questions about Student visas and immigration at any stage of the Student visa process. Please read the information on making a Student visa application in your home country.

If you have a question, or would like us to check your visa application, please email the Student Visa Advice service via Do not forget to put your name and Student ID number on any correspondence.

Please ask your questions early, before the issue becomes urgent.

Student visa checking service 

If you are making a Student visa extension application in the UK, a Student Visa Adviser can check this for you before you submit it – please see our information about extending your visa.

Please note: any information you share with our Student Visa Advisers may be shared with other University departments. Our advisers are happy to discuss this further with you.


We believe the information contained in this website is correct at the time of publication.

For further information, please ensure that you refer to the relevant guidance and application forms from the UK Home Office when you apply. The University is not responsible for the content of external webpages or information published by government bodies.