We’re continually investing in outstanding facilities to support your research, from new laboratories to top-class libraries. You'll also have your own work space in your faculty.
Explore the specialist facilities in our schools and faculties.
You may also be able to access specialist facilities at partner universities – our fellow-members in the N8 research partnership.
Our University library is one of the major academic research libraries in the UK – a premier resource to underpin your research. We are continually adding to its rich and extensive print and online resources, including some of the UK’s outstanding collections of rare books and manuscripts.
You'll benefit from:
- four libraries on campus, open throughout the year, at a range of times
- expert support in literature searching, referencing, bibliometrics, open access and research data management
- easy access to more than three million print items and thousands of online library resources
- IT zones and study facilities equipped with the latest technology
- different working environments, including spaces for group study and silent individual study, as well as cafes for breaks
Postgraduate research hub
The postgraduate-only research hub in the Edward Boyle Library offers:
- bookable individual and group study rooms, with large LED screens
- extra large study desks with wi-fi, individual lighting and power sockets – especially useful at writing-up stages of your research
- lockers for your convenience
Explore 360 tours of our libraries.
Computers and IT
Through your University account, you'll access the technologies and services to support your studies:
- free high-speed wi-fi across campus
- specialist software and services to help you access all the research and industry-focused facilities you'll need
- a suite of tools and services provided through MS Office 365, linked to your University account and securely available anywhere in the world
- free access to licensed copies of Office Pro Plus
- personalised content on your phone through the UniLeeds app
- IT help and support
Develop your academic English or learn a new language with our excellent Language Centre.
For international students:
- pre-sessional English language courses can help you prepare for postgraduate research in the UK
- classes and workshops alongside your research can help you further develop your academic English
The Language Centre also offers independent learning resources in over 50 languages, for all students, researchers and staff.
Researcher profile: Emma Brown
Hopefully my research will have an influence on what people know about Zika virus and the lifecycle, and how we can target it with antivirals.